The Adventure Tour
Our most popular tour consists of two 3-mile loops of off-road gliding and highlights the offroad capabilities of our X2 models. It is perfect for gliders who are anxious to see how maneuverable the X2s are. Don't let this tour scare you, we've had everyone from 85 year old senior citizens to 14 year old teenagers have a blast - and nearly everyone has been a beginner! The tour is offered at 485 Palmer Rd, Churchville, NY, just 15 minutes west of Rochester (map). After
a short safety and training session, we'll glide on gravel, grass, over
a bridge, along meadow paths, through nursery fields and twisty tree
lined trails. We'll take a water break, then do it all again in the
opposite direction. Those gliders who are tired or on a tight schedule
can glide just one 3-mile loop if they choose. All our tours are equally
safe - this one is just a little more fun! The Genesee Riverway Tour
This 6 mile tour begins at 140 Petten Street (map) beside the Genesee river just south of Charlotte Beach. After a short safety and training session, we'll continue upstream along the river to Turning Point Park, where you'll quietly glide on a 2/3 mile boardwalk that winds through the widewaters of the Genesee. You'll likely see ducks, swans, turtles sunning themselves, and herons fishing the shallow waters. The tour continues up a gentle tree lined grade on the Genesee Riverway Bike Trail to Lake Ave., where we'll stop for a short water break before gliding North back to Petten Street.
The Erie Canal Path Tour
This 6 mile tour begins from Henpeck Park located at 2918 Ridgeway Ave (map). After
a short safety and training session, we'll glide west along the Erie
Canal bike path to the South tip of Greece Canal Park. We'll follow the
bike trail North to see a bit of the park, then retrace our path back
past Henpeck Park, and continue on another 2 miles East along the
historic Erie Canal. At Long Pond Rd, we'll continue around a 10 acre pond and take a short water break at a wooden beamed pavilion
overlooking the pond, then retrace our path West back to Henpeck Park.
Get your tour pictures here!
Complimentary group & individual pictures will be taken during all tours and available for viewing, sharing and tagging at our Facebook site - just click on 'photos' at the left, then select the tour you took.
Segway Guided Tour Information
| Tour Times|
April through Mid November, 10AM, 1 PM & 4 PM. Tours last 1.5 to 2 hours
|| All tours are $55 per person (plus tax)|
Three locations available in the Rochester, NY area
(585) 293-2540 or email@example.com
Guided Tour Policy and Rules:
- Weekday minimum riders: 2 for the Adventure Tour, 3 for the Genesee Riverway and Erie Canal Tours.
- Weekend minimum rides: 2 (any tour).
- Please arrive on time for your tour. After a short safety brief and one-on-one orientation/training we will be on our way. Tours last about two hours.
- Helmets are required and provided by Upstate Seg Tours. If you prefer, bring your own safety certified bike helmet to wear.
- Participants must be at least 14 years old and minors need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Riders must have the ability to climb and descend stairs without assistance & weigh between 100 and 260 lbs.
- All adult participants must sign an assumption of risk/release of liability waiver to take a tour.
- We suggest you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes. Please, no flip-flops! Don't forget your sun screen, insect repellant and sunglasses if desired.
- For safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
- For the safety of our tour participants the activity may be delayed for heavy rain. Tours are not cancelled for light rain. Upstate Seg Tours will provide rain ponchos as needed. If we are forced to cancel an event, we will immediately reschedule you at a time convenient for you (subject to availability).
- We accept AMEX, Visa and Master Card. All tours must be paid for in advance. Contact us at (585) 293-2540 (8AM to 6 PM 7 days/week) to book a tour.